Three- to Five-week Board and Train ($1850-$2950): This program is designed for those dogs who may take a little more time due to major behavioral issues. It begins with slowing life down and taking time to learn basic obedience, that progresses into working with your dog’s perception of the world around it. The goal of this program is to have a dog that can exist calmly in body AND mind around other dogs, humans, and even when it is by itself. The length of training will be determined upon our first meeting and as needed throughout training.
By the end of this program, your dog will know how to:
- Walk properly on a leash with auto-sit and without pulling, barking, lunging, sniffing, or reacting to dogs and/or distractions
- Place command
- Recall (with distractions)
- Calm on Command – be calm in all situations, without the need to be worn out with hours of walking/play time
- Be calm at thresholds
- Kennel Up
- Wait for Food
In addition, I will work your dog on behavioral issues such as:
- Dog Aggression issues – attacking dogs, biting dogs, improper greeting and social skills
- Separation Anxiety
- High Anxiety/Fear and the residual issues from those states of mind – biting, growling, attacking humans and/or dogs
- Human Aggression
- Leadership skills with your dog so your dog understands proper pack order with humans
- Eliminating bad behaviors – jumping up on people, jumping on counter tops, mouthing, nipping, chasing, playing keep-away
Please understand that in order to have a dog that maintains this good behavior, it is up to you, the owner, to do your part. You will still have work to do after your dog comes home. For this reason, I would like to set up an appointment two to 3 weeks after your dog has begun training (depending on the duration of training). The first meeting will take place half way through training, and will be 90 minutes. During this meeting, we will discuss ways to read your dog to understand why he/she is behaving in certain ways and what you can do change that behavior. We will discuss any changes that may need to take place in your day-to-day life. We will discuss how to trouble shoot any future problems that may come up. Then I will show you how far your dog has come so far.
When you pick up your dog, I would like to spend another 90 minutes with you to teach you the technical side of your dog’s training – the commands and the corrections and how to use the training tools.
At the time you pick up your dog, we can also discuss a follow up meeting. This will be 60-90 minutes long. During this meeting, we can discuss any trouble you may be having or any questions you may have. If you would like the option of one more follow-up, we can discuss that at this time also.
*Price includes a mini educator e-collar and a prong collar.
*You will need to provide enough dog food for your dog’s stay.
Get answers to your questions here: FAQ’s
Begin enrollment by filling out this questionnaire: Information Form